- Florida's Afterschool programs are working! Florida has been recognized as a Top Ten State for its high quality programming, targeting student populations with the greatest needs, and for parental satisfaction. However, the demand for more opportunities for students to participate continues to be strong. Learn more.
- Florida Afterschool by the Numbers Fact Sheet: More than a decade of 21st CCLC data shows that afterschool programs are making a difference in the lives of children, but significant state investments (both public and private) are needed in order for all students to have an opportunity to participate in afterschool. Download the Florida Afterschool Fact Sheet
- Florida is investing in quality afterschool programming. In 2014, the Florida legislature appropriated funding for a STEM-focused, faith-based afterschool program in central Florida. K-12 students were provided an opportunity to participate in 10 hours per week of programming and had additional learning time in science, technology, engineering and math disciplines. The success of this program may lead to a significant state investment in afterschool.
- Lights On Afterschool (LOA). Start planning local LOA events to recognize and celebrate afterschool successes on October 22nd, 2015. Be sure to register your event with the Afterschool Alliance. Lots of LOA resources are available at: http://www.afterschoolalliance.org/loa.cfm
- Action Alert! The Federally funded 21st CCLC afterschool program needs your support! The US Senate passed an amendment in April, 2015 to keep funding for 21st CCLC in the new Every Child Achieves Act (which will update and replace the No Child Left Behind law). Please urge continued support for afterschool and summer learning programs by using the Afterschool Alliance's Policy and Action Center to write a letter to Florida's senators thanking them for keeping 21st CCLC funding alive!